Ram brand again needs to make room in its trophy case: Ram 1500 has been awarded 2022 Best Full-size Pickup of the Year by the editors of Auto123.com. This marks the fourth consecutive year the full-size, light-duty pickup has claimed the title.
According to Auto123.com, the full-size pickup truck category is of most interest to Canadian consumers, as it contains the best-selling models in the industry. Despite the competition, Ram 1500 came out on top once again.
In one of Auto123.com’s’s most recently published reviews of the 2022 Ram 1500 Limited, the website states: “This truck is about being more comfortable and coddled day to day. The interior certainly does its part, while underneath all that pomp, the four-corner coil springs paired with four-corner air suspension do a fantastic job of following through on the interior’s promise and providing a fantastic ride.”
The 2022 Ram 1500 is the no-compromise benchmark for durability, technology, efficiency, performance and convenience with features never before offered in a pickup. The Ram 1500 features up to 5,783 kilograms (12,750 pounds) of towing capability and 1,043 kilograms (2,300 pounds) of payload.
Auto123.com has been serving car buyers and car enthusiasts alike since 1996 and has become one of the top bilingual resources for Canadians engaged in the car-buying process.
The editorial team at Auto123.com spends all year testing and rating different vehicles across the country for their annual awards.
Ram Truck Brand
In 2009, the Ram Truck brand launched as a stand-alone division, focused on meeting the demands of truck buyers and delivering benchmark-quality vehicles. With a full lineup of trucks, the Ram 1500, 2500/3500 Heavy Duty, 3500/4500/5500 Chassis Cab, ProMaster and ProMaster City, the Ram brand builds trucks that get the hard work done and families where they need to go.
Ram continues to outperform the competition and sets the benchmarks for:
- 1,075 lb.-ft. of torque with Cummins Turbo Diesel
- Towing capacity of 16,824 kilograms (37,090 pounds) with Ram 3500
- Segment first 1,000 lb.-ft. of torque with Cummins Turbo Diesel
- Payload of 3,484 kilograms (7,680 pounds) with Ram 3500
- Most luxurious: Ram Limited with real wood, real leather and 12-inch Uconnect touchscreen
- Best ride and handling with exclusive link coil rear and auto-level air suspensions
- Most interior space with Ram Mega Cab
- Ram 1500, North America’s most powerful half-ton diesel pickup with 480 lb.-ft. of torque, achieves an unsurpassed 7.1 L/100 km highway and delivers over 1,600 kilometres of range on a single tank of fuel
- Ram 1500 TRX is the quickest, fastest and most powerful mass-produced pickup truck in the world
- Most awarded light-duty truck in North America
- Highest owner loyalty of any half-ton pickup
- Over the last 30 years, Ram has the highest percentage of pickups still on the road