The PEUGEOT Brand will be showcasing a retrospective look at its “4 series” at the 2023 Retromobile
from the PEUGEOT 401 to the brand-new PEUGEOT 408. Models that have marked PEUGEOT’s history by their looks, their innovations and their performance
- ALLURE: The PEUGEOT “4 series” is in the spotlight at Retromobile 2023, from the PEUGEOT 401 to the PEUGEOT 408.
- EMOTION: PEUGEOT is launching the celebrations for the 40th birthday of the PEUGEOT 205.
- EXCELLENCE: Over 80 years of PEUGEOT Innovations on display at Retromobile. he brand new PEUGEOT 408.
In 2022, PEUGEOT created a stir by unveiling the PEUGEOT 408, a fastback silhouette unique on the market that draws its inspiration from the great tradition of automotive design.
Style and innovation have been a must for almost 90 years for all PEUGEOT models born under number “4”! The PEUGEOT 408, the latest in the line, is a reminder of this. PEUGEOT demonstrates the inventiveness of its teams by offering a fastback silhouette that is unique in the current car market at the pinnacle of the C segment. This new breed of PEUGEOT offers, in addition to its feline stance and exclusive appearance, the excellence of sophisticated engineering focused on efficiency, with intelligent electrification, with a focus on driving pleasure.
The designers and engineers who devised the PEUGEOT 408 have brilliantly taken up the torch carried since the beginning of the 20th century by their predecessors who, through seven generations of PEUGEOT “4 series”, have never stopped innovating.
At Retromobile, the PEUGEOT brand will present six emblematic models from the PEUGEOT “4 series” alongside the brand new PEUGEOT 408.
- The first model of the “4 series”, the PEUGEOT 401 saloon (1934-1935) innovated with its independent front wheels, while the PEUGEOT 401 Eclipse (1935), the first production coupé-cabriolet, left its mark on automotive history.
- The PEUGEOT 402 (1938-1942) is remembered for its innovation: grouping the headlights behind the grille to streamline the design but also the aerodynamics, which was in its infancy.
- The PEUGEOT 403 Cabriolet (1956-1961) was made famous in its cabriolet version by Inspector Columbo and is just one of the many variations of the 403 family (saloon, estate, van and pick-up), a huge commercial success.
- The design of the PEUGEOT 404 Coupé (1962-1968), with its Latin beauty, is the work of Pininfarina,whose collaboration with PEUGEOT was at its height.
- The PEUGEOT 405 Mi16 Le Mans (1993) is a special series from the legendary 405 Mi16 to celebrate PEUGEOT’s victory in the 1993 Le Mans 24 Hour race. It uses the 2-litre 16-valve 160bhp engine from the “normal” Mi16 and features leather/alcantara upholstery, 15-inch alloy wheels, etc.
The PEUGEOT 205 is celebrating its 40th birthday in 2023!
Throughout 2023, Aventure PEUGEOT will be organising a series of celebrations to mark the “sacred number” of the PEUGEOT, which was commercially launched on 24 February 1983 in France. The festivities will begin at Retromobile with the exhibition of a rare 205 GTI Griffe from 1991, a special series equipped with a 1.9-litre, 130 horsepower engine.
PEUGEOT has always been an international supplier of mobility solutions, on both 4 wheels and 2. The PEUGEOT brand will be showcasing a PEUGEOT P 515 “World Record
s” motorbike from 1934 on its stand at Retromobile, a machine that broke 9 world speed records.
Lovers of the Lion Brand will be able to discover the Lifestyle products in the PEUGEOT LEGEND collection: sweatshirts, watches, keyrings, mugs or pens. All will be available on the online shop: Peugeot Legend Collection | Official Peugeot Store
The mission of the Aventure PEUGEOT association is to preserve, develop and promote the heritage of the PEUGEOT brand, and is part of the Aventure Peugeot Citroën DS association: L’Aventure Peugeot (laventure-association.com)
The Retromobile 2023 exhibition will take place from Wednesday 1st to Sunday 5th February at the Parc des Expositions de la Porte de Versailles in Paris, France, from 10:00am to 7:00pm (with late nights until 10:00 pm on 1st and 3rd February). Aventure PEUGEOT is located in Hall 1, Stand F035.