- Citroën offers customers an elegant, desirable and accessible new cross-design as an alternative to conventional hatchback and SUV models in the mainstream mid-sized market.
- Fuses the elegance of a fastback silhouette, with the modern attitude of an SUV and – at 4.60m long – the timeless finesse of a spacious 4-door.
- Slots between C4 hatchback and flagship C5 X in Citroën line-up and is expected to contribute significantly to sales growth and brand expansion in EMEA and International markets.
- New level of connectivity via intuitive, next-generation MyCitroën Drive Plus infotainment interface, first seen on all-new Citroën C5 X.
- Only Ë-C4 X offers this combination of cross-design, comfort and space with zero-emission all-electric power in the mainstream mid-sized market.
- Up to 360 km (224 miles) WLTP range for New ë-C4X with 100 kW, 136 hp electric powertrain and rapid 100 kW DC charging of 10km/min.
- Ideal for customers seeking unique design with relaxing and spacious passenger experience thanks to outstanding rear knee room, plus capacious 510-litre boot and all-electric power for 24/7 urban access.
- Supreme comfort thanks to exclusive Citroën Advanced Comfort Programme with Advanced Comfort Seats and Citroën Advanced Comfort® suspension.
- Available powertrains (depending on market) include efficient Citroen PureTech petrol and BlueHDi diesel engines for C4 X, plus all-electric ë-C4 X which many European markets will offer exclusively.
Citroën today revealed the New all-electric ë-C4 X and New C4 X, featuring a unique, elegant design approach for customers seeking a desirable alternative to hatchback and SUV offerings in the affordable mid-sized car market.
Following in the footsteps of the stylish all-new Citroën C5 X, the design of the New ë-C4 X and C4 X dares to challenge the traditional definitions of compact car bodystyles to offer customers something unique: a cross-design which combines the elegant silhouette of a fastback with the modern attitude of an SUV and the timeless refinement and spaciousness of a 4-door.
The New all-electric ë-C4 X and C4 X models also benefit from Citroën’s new generation infotainment interface, MyCitroën Drive Plus, offering customers a comprehensive package for connectivity and connected services.
“We’re excited about the opportunity presented by the New ë-C4 X and C4 X models as they will contribute significantly to our brand presence and sales expansion objectives particularly for International markets, as well as Europe” said Vincent Cobée, Citroën CEO. “Many customers have told us they want an affordable, responsible and elegant alternative to the mass of hatchback and SUV offerings in the volume compact car segment, and this is our best interpretation of that need – a forward-looking, distinctive cross-design that delivers all the comfort, technology, safety and value you expect from Citroën, but also outstanding roominess and limousine versatility with the benefit of zero-emission, all-electric power”.
Notably, Citroën is taking the bold step of offering only the all-electric ë-C4 X model in many of its European markets where sales of electrified vehicles are already more mature.
With its 100 kW powertrain and up to 360 km (224 miles) WLTP range, the New ë-C4 X will be the only all-electric car to offer this combination of design, comfort and saloon car spaciousness in the mainstream mid-sized market. This, combined with its capacious 510-litre boot volume, makes it the ideal companion for everyday use in cities, for example by professional drivers or chauffeur businesses.
Customers who may prefer a clean and efficient combustion engine in International markets as well as selected European countries will have a range of Citroën’s proven PureTech turbo-charged, direct-injection petrol engines and BlueHDi diesel engines to choose from in the New C4 X.
New ë-C4 X and C4 X models will be built exclusively in Europe for all markets at the Stellantis Villaverde manufacturing facility in Madrid, Spain, with sales progressively commencing from Autumn 2022.