- Alfa Romeo is delighted to announce that orders are now open for Tonale, in the exclusive “EDIZIONE SPECIALE” launch version.
- An extra special configuration for the first customers, packed with tech specs and connectivity, characterized by Alfa Romeo’s typical sportiness.
- The first car on the market equipped with a non-fungible token (NFT) digital certificate. Based on “blockchain” technology and uniquely linked, the Tonale NFT certifies the car upon purchase, then evolves to represent its use during the car’s life cycle, with major benefits in terms of protecting residual value.
- A true electrified driving experience: Tonale “EDIZIONE SPECIALE” is available in a Hybrid configuration with a 130-hp, 1.5-liter 4-cylinder engine paired with the new 7-speed dual-clutch transmission, with a built-in 48-volt 15-kW, 55-Nm “P2” electric motor that can propel the wheels even when the internal combustion engine is turned off.
- A straightforward line-up strategy with two trim levels and two packs, designed to meet the needs of every kind of customer.
- Tonale “EDIZIONE SPECIALE” is available with FCA Bank financing solutions and at the same price in the main European markets.
- Customer peace of mind: 5-year warranty included across Europe and dedicated mobility services with Leasys.
- Product quality and a commercial offering designed for maximum retention of value over time.
- New digital customer experience, with the opportunity to be one of the first to discover and order Tonale, at home or in a dealership.
Alfa Romeo is delighted to announce that orders are officially open for Tonale, making its debut in the exclusive “EDIZIONE SPECIALE” launch version. Its complete range of features is intended to meet the needs of the first customers who decide to buy Alfa Romeo’s first compact SUV. The car marks a veritable metamorphosis for the brand, where a radical evolution is taking place, looking ahead to a new era of connectivity and electrification.
Tonale “EDIZIONE SPECIALE” will be available in a Hybrid configuration with a 130-hp, 1.5-liter 4-cylinder engine, packed with specs to deliver all of Alfa Romeo’s sportiness and technology: 20’” alloy wheels – Red brake calipers – Matrix Full LED with adaptive system – Privacy windows – Aluminum shift paddles – Keyless entry – Hands-free power lift tailgate – 10.25” touchscreen radio with voice control & navigation – CarPlay / Android Auto + Wireless charging pad – sporty leather steering wheel – Adaptive Cruise Control – F/R sensors + Rearview camera – Traffic sign recognition.
Tonale, the first car on the market equipped with NFT technology
As announced at the international premiere, starting with the “EDIZIONE SPECIALE” Tonale will be the first car on the market – a world exclusive – to be equipped with non-fungible token (NFT) technology, a true innovation in the automotive sector. Alfa Romeo is the first automaker to link a car with an NFT digital certificate. The technology is based on the “blockchain card” concept, a confidential and non-modifiable record of the main stages in the life of an individual vehicle. This distinctive off-board feature – immediately usable and sustainable – emphasizes the innovative nature of Alfa Romeo. With the customer’s consent, the NFT will record vehicle data, generating a certificate that can be used as a guarantee that the car has been properly maintained, with a positive impact on its residual value. On the pre-owned car market, NFT certification represents an additional source of credibility for owners or dealers to count on. In the meantime, buyers will be reassured in their choice of car.
Connectivity and software designed to enhance the driver’s experience
Alfa Romeo interprets the use of software and connectivity to enhance the driver’s experience, which is and remains the focus. Tonale therefore comes with the most advanced technology, to ensure a connected and comfortable experience, while maintaining the driving pleasure typical of an Alfa Romeo. As standard, Tonale comes with a built-in and all-new infotainment system. With a customizable Android operating system and 4G connectivity with Over-the-Air (OTA) updates, it also offers content, functionality and services that are always kept up to date. This system includes a fully digital 12.3” screen, the main 10.25” touchscreen unit, and a smooth, sophisticated multitasking interface, keeping everything at a glance without distracting your attention from the road. Totaling 22.5”, the two large Full TFT screens are best-in-class in the segment.
Technology also at the service of safety and comfort: level 2 autonomous driving, with new Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) that take action in line with the Alfa Romeo philosophy. Again here, the software is at the service of the brand’s DNA, with the focus remaining on the driver. All the systems therefore work without ever interfering with the driver’s experience, where control and the emotions of driving remain intact.
State-of-the-art electrification, a hallmark of the Brand’s DNA
For the Brand, Tonale marks a natural entry point into the world of electrification but, true to its daring approach, Alfa Romeo sets a paradigm: electrification must serve the Brand and its DNA, with the mission of reinventing sportiness for the 21st century. A concrete commitment to a future oriented toward sustainable mobility while remaining faithful to its founding values. The “EDIZIONE SPECIALE” version debuts with a 130-hp Hybrid engine paired with the new 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission and the 48-volt 15-kW, 55-Nm “P2” electric motor, which can propel the wheels even when the internal combustion engine is turned off.
Straightforward line-up strategy: two trim levels and two packs
At its commercial launch, Alfa Romeo Tonale will offer a revamped line-up strategy. Its two trim levels – Super and Ti – both come with clearly defined specifications that meet the needs of the most discerning customers. The Super trim, the gateway to the unique Alfa Romeo experience, can be customized with the Sprint pack, which includes numerous options with a strong sporty connotation. Alternatively, the Ti trim – with its more elegant and distinctive connotation, can be added to with the Veloce pack, to reach the peak in terms of performance and sportiness. In line with the rationale of simplifying and streamlining the line-up, the Tonale approach to pricing also takes customers through a straightforward, transparent and linear strategy, beginning at the time of purchase and continuing throughout the customer journey. The price of the Tonale “EDIZIONE SPECIALE” will be the same in the main European markets.