Renegade and Compass e-Hybrid deliver an innovative hybrid driving experience thanks to a specific propulsion system featuring:
- a new 1.5 T4 turbo 130 hp 240 Nm gasoline engine,
- coupled with a new 7-speed dual-clutch transmission, integrating a 48-Volt 15-kW electric motor.
The water-cooled 48-Volt battery also includes a 48-to-12 Volt DC/DC converter, and a Belt Starter Generator has been introduced for smooth restart of the engine at low speed, thus increasing comfort.
The new 4-cylinder turbocharged engine, from the Global Small Engine family, has been designed to be the best fit for hybrid usage.
It operates on the Miller cycle which offers a high compression ratio (12.5:1) and improves thermal efficiency therefore reducing fuel consumption.
Courtesy of the e-Hybrid propulsion system, Renegade and Compass offer a new alternative in the two-wheel-drive segment. Customers can keep their driving habits intact and enjoy a real hybrid experience, with the opportunity to move in full electric – at low speed or during sailing – thanks to new “EV capabilities”.
- Silent Start starts the vehicle without turning on the petrol engine.
- Energy Recovery recharges the batteries when the vehicle decelerates
(e-Coasting) and during braking (Regenerative Braking).
- e-Queuing enables electric stop and go when jammed in traffic.
- e-Launch allows launch in electric mode when starting up or restarting the vehicle.
- e-Boosting increases torque to the wheels with the support of the electric motor when accelerating, and optimizes the operating point of the petrol engine (thus reducing fuel consumption and CO2 emissions) when cruising.
- e-Creeping makes the vehicle travel with zero emissions at low speed, by simply releasing the brake pedal.
- e-Parking simplifies parking maneuvers and carries them out in EV mode,
silently and at zero emissions.
The hybrid driving parameters are controlled by the driver via the Hybrid Pages on the infotainment display, or from dedicated screenshots in the instrument panel.
Thanks to top technology and software level, Jeep® Renegade and Compass
e-Hybrid deliver a versatile and relaxing driving experience – made even safer by the extensive range of Advanced Driving Assistance Systems they come equipped with.
The new Highway Assist system allows Compass to reach level 2 autonomous driving