The Jeep brand continues to climb to new heights as it celebrates its 80th year, introducing the first electrified Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe along with the ultimate off-road Grand Cherokee, the new Trailhawk.
From the moment the Jeep brand introduced the Grand Cherokee in 1992, by literally driving the SUV up the steps of Cobo Hall in Detroit and through a glass window, signifying the breakthrough premium SUV, it set a new industry benchmark and quickly became synonymous with upscale design and uncompromised capability.
This fifth-generation Jeep Grand Cherokee builds on its legacy as the most awarded SUV ever, bringing an all-new architecture, new plug-in hybrid powertrain, all-new exterior design, and all-new interior with world-class craftsmanship and first-to-market technologies to the global full-size SUV segment. As the most capable SUV brand pushes toward its future of “Zero Emission Freedom,” the all-new Jeep Grand Cherokee will be the most technologically advanced and 4×4-capable Jeep Grand Cherokee yet.
“The Jeep Grand Cherokee is our global flagship and will be leading the Jeep brand into a new era of premium refinement, innovative technology, advanced 4×4 capability and electrification,” said Christian Meunier, Jeep Brand Chief Executive Officer. “With a perfect balance of on-road dynamics, 4×4 capability and 4xe performance, the all-new 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee is the most technologically advanced, luxurious and 4×4-capable Grand Cherokee ever.”
The all-new Jeep Grand Cherokee will arrive in Jeep brand dealerships in North America in the fourth quarter of 2021. The Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe is scheduled to arrive in North America early in 2022 and in global markets later that year.
Setting the Standard
After more than seven million in global sales, the most acclaimed SUV ever continues to set the standard among all SUVs.
“Customers have come to depend on and enjoy their Grand Cherokee for four generations,” said Jim Morrison, Vice President – Jeep Brand North America. “We have taken their input into making the most-awarded SUV of all time even better for the fifth generation.”
The newest iteration has been designed and engineered to deliver even more of what has made this Jeep SUV a true global icon in the premium SUV segment.
- More powertrains – with 4xe (PHEV) technology targeting to deliver an estimated 25 miles of all-electric range, 57 miles per gallon equivalent (MPGe) and a combined driving range of more than 440 miles (708 km). This is the most 4×4-capable and sustainable Grand Cherokee yet and a further sign of the Jeep brand’s commitment to “Zero Emission Freedom.
- More legendary capability – the most 4×4-capable Grand Cherokee ever, the new Trailhawk 4xe has conquered the Rubicon Trail in full-electric operation; New class-exclusive sway bar disconnect allows for improved articulation and traction over rocks and rough terrain
- More technology – Uconnect 5 with a segment-first front passenger screen, new high-definition rear-seat entertainment system and Active Driving Assist
- More space and versatility – with 144.6 cu. ft. of total interior passenger volume (+4.1 cu. ft. over previous generation) and 37.7 cu. ft. of cargo space (+1.4 cu. ft.), the new 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee offers enhanced levels of comfort and spaciousness, including accommodating a set of golf clubs transversely in the cargo hold
- More innovative features – with an all-new architecture, all-new exterior design, all-new interior with front passenger screen and Amazon Fire TV, independent front and rear suspensions and class-exclusive Quadra-Lift air suspension with electronic semi-active damping
- More world-class craftsmanship – resulting in the most luxurious Grand Cherokee ever, including the Summit Reserve trim with Palermo leather interior and 950-watt, 19-speaker McIntosh audio system
- More safety – with more than 110 advanced safety and security features, including Active Driving Assist with hands-on automated driving, plus 360-degree surround view and night vision cameras